Rants of an angry somali man

Just everyday shyt that bothers me....and probably you, too.....basically its mumbles and rambles i ramble to myself....i hope i can release them all here

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Legacy

It's been said that certain individuals that have had near-death experiences see their entire lives flash before their eyes.

Well, I've experienced two near-death experiences, and that didn't happen to me at all. The first time, it felt like things were happening in slow motion, and I didn't even have time to react. All I could do was think to myself "I'm really about to die here. This is it." Once I got out of that predicament safely, me and the folks that I was with made sure everyone was ok, then gave salaatul shukran to allah and said thanx!!.

The second time was this past weekend. This time, I was able to think and get out of this particular situation, but afterwards, it left lingering thoughts in my head.

The first one was, would I be willing to kill someone who wanted to harm me in order to save myself...to which I found out the answer is a resounding YES. Don't worry, I didn't kill anybody, though. If I had, I damn sure wouldn't be confessing that shit on the damn internet LOL. Circumstances told me that my philosophy would be "better him than me" as opposed to "turn the other cheek."

The second, and most lingering question is one that I want to ask you all: If you were to die tomorrow, what would your legacy be? I don't feel that I've accomplished nearly as much with my life as I thought I would have up to this point, so I think some folks could consider me a failure. I mean, I'm educated, I have family and friends who love me, I'm very creative, I'm handsome, and I have a big Abdalla(had to throw those last two in there...LOL). Yet, my goals are to create something that outlives me(like a masterpiece in art, or film,even literature or be a pioneer in something), and to make enough money to live lavish if I so choose. I probably wouldn't be extravagant, since I'm pretty easily pleased by the simple things in life, but I just want to know that I can. I am nowhere near accomplishing these two ultimate career goals. So if I had died this weekend, that means all of my potential and talent would have been wasted.

I think Allah brought me through this for a reason. Obviously, I'm not doing something right. From this point on, I am dedicating myself to accomplishing these things, at all costs. Tomorrow is NOT promised, so I need to make the most out of each day that I am given.

I know this post today is a bit of a departure from my usual jokes and stuff, but I just had that on my heart and felt the need to write about it. I am 100% fine, so there is no need to worry about me. It's just that recent events have causes this topic to be on my mind all day today.

i'm so busy today would have told ya what happened but will keep that 4 the next post the past 2 weeks have so busy at hospital but at last i'm gettin 4 day off startin from tomorrow so plenty of writing expected!

2 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Firefly said...

Yet, my goals are to create something that outlives me(like a masterpiece in art, or film,even literature or be a pioneer in something), and to make enough money to live lavish if I so choose.

Those are very lofty goals. Might you be setting yourself up for failure? After all there are billions of people on earth and only very few will leave lasting legacies behind. Most just opt for reproducing themselves, so they feel like a little bit of themselves will continue living long after they die and disappear into obscurity.

Of course, you could very likely be one of the few who leave legacies behind.


If you were to die tomorrow, what would your legacy be?

There wouldn't be one. I doubt if I will be leaving a legacy behind even if I were to live to 90. Why, even if I have kids, it's not like they will take my name and continue my line anyway.

So, if I die tomorrow, a few people will miss me, like my family, some friends and maybe my colleagues and that's basically it. It doesn't bother me. I wouldn't want to leave anything behind in this world, I would want to make a clean exit.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Rant's of an angry somali man said...

firefly wallahi thats deep 4real!.....u made me think diffrently....classical out of the box thinking.....thanx sis!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home