Rants of an angry somali man

Just everyday shyt that bothers me....and probably you, too.....basically its mumbles and rambles i ramble to myself....i hope i can release them all here

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Vending Machine: 1, Feisal: 0

I was at the Victoria station this morning, and immediately got thirsty for some reason. My thirst led me to the waiting area of the station, where all of the vending machines are located. Deciding to get something carbonated to help jump-start my morning, I walked over towards the soda machine.

As I strolled over to vending machine area, I saw a window of opportunity open. My eyes brightened, and I'm pretty sure a twinkle appeared like in the movies. I saw a ginger ale that someone bought earlier, stuck against the glass and a bottle of Red Bull. The high school aged kid who apparently bought the drink was hitting the machine, but he got frustrated and walked away.

Once I watched the kid leave, I went over to the machine and decided to bump it myself, since the kid appeared to be much weaker than me. I figured it was the only right thing to do. The kid was was late for school. He did not deserve the sweet taste of ginger ale. I, on the other hand, am a hard-working, tax paying, thirsty man getting ready to slave away, picking digital cotton for the man on the very keyboard on which I'm typing this entry. That ginger ale was destined to be mine before they even poured it in the can at the factory!

I bumped the machine enough times to knock it back about 6 or inches, and to also free up the can a little. Then, I decided to buy the Red Bull drink behind it, to knock both loose and then save whichever one I don't feel like drinking for later. Little did I know, the can was lodged in there a little harder than I thought. I put my £1 in and requested the soda, only to see it get stuck behind the ginger ale as well. Somewhere up in heaven, God is showing the clip of me cursing out the soda machine to the angels on his plasma flatscreen, hitting the TiVo button and running it back a few times so that everyone can laugh at the look I had on my face once I realized that instead of two sodas, I got no soda for the price of one. I guess I had that one coming.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Inspired said...

asalamu alaikum

lol it reminds me of somethig that happened once. My friend put in some money for a drink and got two cokes for the price of one. A guy saw that happen and tried to do the same except his money went in and he got nothing. lOl the look on his face was funny. My friend was kind enough to give him one of her drinks.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Rant's of an angry somali man said...

muslimah.....next time i see someone struggling with the vending machine i have promised myself not to try be mr.knowitall........reallly learned my lesson!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home