Rants of an angry somali man

Just everyday shyt that bothers me....and probably you, too.....basically its mumbles and rambles i ramble to myself....i hope i can release them all here

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

BARACK OBAMA!!

Get your mind out of the gutter. Today's entry is not about feisal. I just had to get your attention somehow. Now that you are here, go ahead and start reading.

its about this kenyan from SIAYA!.....A little while ago, I read this Op-Ed column written by Eugene Robinson of The Washington Post. It was in reference to Senator Joe Biden's comment describing Barack Obama as "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Biden has been backpedaling for the last few days trying to clean up his words, but I have a feeling that his campaign for the Presidency will be quite possibly be the best in history after starting off this badly......obama has the charm to win this race!.....

The article went on to ask what exactly is it that white people mean when they call a black person "articulate". In my opinion, Robinson wrote a great article. When I hear people speak of Barack Obama and Condoleeza Rice as being "articulate", it gets to me, too. That should be a given for someone who has attained what they have in America. Most successful politicians are outstanding public speakers, so why should the black ones be singled out? President Bush stands out, mainly because he is one of the worst orators in modern political history. I think the only political figure out there worse than him is Governor Arnold Schwartzenegger, and everybody already knew that listening to him speak is considered a form of torture in some parts of the world.

It's almost as if people expect Obama to go onstage and quote rap lyrics like Stuart Scott on SportsCenter. Like he's supposed to give shout-outs or yell out "BROOOKLYYYYYN!!!" on the Senate floor. It's ridiculous.

[Note] To all of my readers in Brooklyn, don't act like you've never yelled that out at least once in your life. I've never even been to Brooklyn, and I have. It's pretty fun. [end note]

The craziest part is that some folks actually commented on the article site, saying that the whole thing is blown out of proportion. Let me say it one more time, slowly, for those who do not see how this is wrong: IF YOU'RE A U.S. SENATOR, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH, AS WELL AS HOW TO DRESS PROFESSSIONALLY. IT SHOULD NOT BE SUPRISING TO YOU WHEN A BLACK PERSON POSSESSES THESE ATTRIBUTES. YOU HAVE NOT JUST DISCOVERED THE MISSING LINK. THERE ARE INTELLIGENT, CHARISMATIC, WELL-DRESSED BLACK PEOPLE IN EXISTENCE. WE DON'T ALL LOOK LIKE DEM FRANCHISE BOYZ.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, since the folks that need to see it probably will not come to my blog. Still, if I have enlightened at least one soul, then it was worth it.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger euhippus said...

Maybe articulate isn't the right word. Maybe they mean eloquent, a trait many politicians don't possess. I'm thinking Gore, Kerry, Bush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home