Rants of an angry somali man

Just everyday shyt that bothers me....and probably you, too.....basically its mumbles and rambles i ramble to myself....i hope i can release them all here

Friday, May 04, 2007

London Underground Speech Man

Hey lemme say this first i've missed bloggin...........damn!!....can't believe its been a month.....busy with some work stuff and a small course i had to go through so my time was limited but i've got lots to say....i guess my prowess usually comes to show at this time of the year....spring baby!!I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Warm Spring weather brings out the crazy people. I usually love this time of year. The sun shines brighter, the women wear less, and the temperature is just right. Apparently, crazy folks like Spring, too, because you start seeing them all over the place in London once the weather breaks.

Last week, I took the bus home from work, and there was an old bald man who looked to be about 70, in a tan Members Only-style jacket on there. Of all the people on the bus, he decides that I am the ideal person to try to strike up conversation with, since, well...that's just what happens whenever I ride public transportation. I basically ignored him and nodded my head once while avoiding all eye contact. So after about three minutes of him giving a speech about how all the white people on the bus were going to get sick and die because they weren't wearing enough clothes, he realized I wasn't paying attention and decided to find a different target.

The crazy guy noticed this 40-something Hispanic lady, and apparently was smitten. He started sweet talking her from across the bus, saying "I want to see you later, baby! I've got something for you. Something that can make you feel real good! We can have fun all night long! ALL NIGHT LONG! I'm serious. ALL. NIGHT. LONG."

So at this point, I'm almost in tears from trying not to laugh out loud in front of the guy. It got harder to not laugh when I took a glance at him and saw that he was staring intently at the lady as if he were on a mission. He did not crack a smile the whole time he was looking at her and talking. She ignored him too, and he got off the bus. The lady and I got off at the same stop, and she looked at me and said "Did you hear what that fool was saying to me?!"

It was so funny, that I called my friend Zulekha to tell her about it. She said that an old man walked up to her on the train bakerloo near queens park and started telling her to remember to eat vegetables every day. I asked her if he had on a tan Members Only-looking jacket on, and she said "YES! Oh my God, he got you too?"

We concluded that Old Man Members Only must have spent his day traveling around the city on the bus and train, starting random conversations with any and everybody who crossed his path. Had the weather been cold, he would have probably kept his behind in the house and yelled at the TV or something. Alas, it was warm out, so he decided to take a field trip. Only in London. Only in the Springtime.......i'm off to southall now......gotta chew some khat.....gomba!!....its friday!...or should i say furahiday!!!!.....its been since i had some fun with my boyz!

5 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see the crazies are out in force! Please pass me some twigs! Do have a great week!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger waks said...

hahaha...that was hilarious. Damn.ALL NIGHT LONG ...ALL NIGHT LONG...hahaha... btw I like ur blog!

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Jadekitten said...

*the ideal person to try to strike up conversation with, since, well...that's just what happens whenever I ride public transportation*...or maybe you just attract them, the weird ones..hehe..

Haven't been here in a while..hmm..

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Acolyte said...

Dude's been busy sharing some wisdom around the streets!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Rant's of an angry somali man said...

aegeus.....wacha tu last week was their week! that chizi had me laughing vinoma sana!

waks.......thanx 4 ya compliment waks!....that guy just made my week.

jadekitten....wallahi i don't know...i really don't know what draws them to me but i find myself giving them an ear which usually leaves me laughin' kichizi.

acolyte...its seem s so.....but what i have had from friend about him is sometimes he really talks sense ingawa ni chizi....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home